Tuesday, May 2, 2017

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT TRIBECA 2017

It's not every day that you get to live out a fantasy......

Jeff Beck & DJ Bird at DTBD in Tribeca NYC

......and yet that's just what happened. The movie debuted to a very loud and enthusiastic crowd. I got to not only see old friends and legends of the biz, I actually walked the red carpet. I have had the opportunity to do a lot of really fun and cool things over the years. This is right up there.

I do want to publish a long, detailed article on the events surrounding my trip back to NY and the movie itself. I promise to do so. But for right now, a few pics and a few words of thanks.

I need to thank Ellen Goldfarb, Roger Senders, Denis McNamara, Maxx and the entire cast & crew of the film. They did an amazing job putting together this documentary. It really is better than I expected, and I expected a lot.

I also wish to thank The Tribeca Film Festival, Mr. Robert DeNiro, AT&T and all the staff and volunteers at the showings. In addition, thank you to all the passionate WLIR listeners who attended and have been so supportive over the years. The camera people on the red carpet were a blast and the two kids that interviewed me were flat out fantastic!

Strangely, I'd also like to thank the people of New York who were so warm and welcoming. The reputation of mean, rude NYers is unfounded. It was great to be back where I spent the better part of 40 years.

Here are a few pics.........I'll have much more to say ASAP ----}- Bird

Ellen, Donna, Bird, Denis, Roder & Jay


Mike Peters & The Alarm

Bob Kranes & DJ Bird

Top: Larry the Duck, Donna, Ellen, Bob Kranes, Bob Waugh
Bottom: Jay, Denis, Roger, Bird

DJ Bird working hard at something....

No comments: