Monday, June 12, 2017

CONGRATULATIONS PITTSBURGH

It's not easy to win the Cup.....

The Bird & The Cat 2017

........and I can't really compare my time as the goaltender of the Falcons, but it's as close as I can get. The Pens won back to back Cups. That's a feat not done in nearly 20 years. Repeating is hard as hell.
Now, my team the Falcons had four consecutive trips to the finals and we did win three times. 

But again, to compare that to what the Pens just did is silly.

I can say this.....injuries, roster changes and the other teams make repeating extremely hard. The Pens dealt with this and somehow outlasted the upstart Preds. Helping my team earn four finals trips does give me some insight into just how hard what the Pens did is. It hurts.......the physical pain is not easy to endure. But, it's worth it. Ask anyone who has won a Cup or like me won a bunch of beer league championships. It still hurts me to this day.

So, to all my Pittsburgh friends, enjoy your parade! You guys earned it.......and Sid the Kid and his boys earned it. Have an Iron City on me!

Bird & Cup 1997


----}- Bird 

No comments: